Linden Unified bus drivers endeavor to drive our students to and from school timely with safety foremost. They also drive students, staff and parent/guardians on field trips that are taken by the school sites. Their trips have included local sites, plays, colleges, museums, state and federal parks and they also visit other schools for sports. We also have a wonderful bus maintenance department that keeps our busses in tip-top shape.
RIDING A SCHOOL BUS IS A PRIVILEGE - NOT A RIGHT
California Administrative Code Title V Section 14263
Pupils transported in a school bus shall be under the authority of, and responsible directly to, the driver of the bus, and the driver shall be held responsible for the orderly conduct of the pupils while they are on the bus or being escorted across a street, highway, or road. Continued disorderly conduct or persistent refusal to submit to the authority of the driver shall be sufficient reason for pupil to be denied transportation in accordance with regulations of the governing board of the district. A bus driver shall not require any pupil to leave the bus en route between home and school or other destinations.
- Always follow the directions of the driver.
- Stay seated - no fighting, pushing, horseplay; keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- No crossing the road illegally/unauthorized at a stop.
- No eating, drinking, chewing, or spitting while onboard.
- No obscenities, screaming, loud voices, or disrespect to another person will be tolerated.
- No unauthorized objects, weapons, skateboards, electronic equipment, glass, animals, insects, balloons etc. will be allowed on the bus. (If you are not sure about something your child wants to take on the bus please call transportation.)
- Destruction of, or mistreatment of district property is strictly prohibited.
Stop times are the time the bus should leave each stop. Students need to be at their stop 5 minutes prior to stop time.
If your student wishes to go home with another student on the school bus there must be a note signed by the parent, taken to the schools office and signed by office staff. Both signatures need to be on the note.
If students are getting off at a stop other than their regular school bus stop a waiver needs to be on file in transportation. These waivers can be picked up at each school site and at the Transportation Department. Waivers need to be made out annually.
An adult or older sibling should be meeting the bus at each stop for Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade.
Linden Unified Transportation
18351 Main St.
Linden, CA 95240 (Entrance off of Duncan)
Kelly Harbin – Transportation Supervisor