The District’s fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th. During each fiscal year there are four reporting periods as directed by the State of California and the San Joaquin County Office Of Education. In addition to the period reports, an outside independent audit is required of the final annual report.
The reporting periods and their associated reports are:
- July-June – Budget
- July-October – 1st Interim Report
- November-January – 2nd Interim Report
- July-June – Unaudited Actuals Report
An outside independent audit is required annually.
The Business Services department is also responsible for the following:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Developer fees
- Budget development
- School site budget oversight
- State attendance reporting
- Other State and Federal fiscal reports
How We Operate
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in all areas of business responsibility.
- Communicates to keep departments informed of business practices, deadlines, spending limits, and required documentation.
- Provides business support to our departments by training, assisting, and communicating while creating a positive relationship.
- Uses processes based on best practices that meet the law and/or board regulation
- Seeks to meet the immediate and long-range objectives by distributing resources based on district goals.
- Provides the board with a consistent flow of budgetary and financial information and its impact on the district.
- The budget seeks to meet the current and future needs of students and remain fiscally responsible to the community.
- Budget actions are proactive and ensure the long-term fiscally stability.
- Treats everyone with value and shows respect.
- Completes necessary reports and processes timely and completely.